Monday, January 5, 2009

Just a quickie.

In my madness, anxiety and caffeine I make something that is going to calm me down.

Nothing fancy, but as described, a "flavour bomb" and reminded my dining companion of the chickpeas at the Moroccan Soup Bar (I don't know how).



Tasty nice-calm

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 leek, finely sliced
1 medium zucchini, diced (I used one of the round ones I picked up from the Slow Food market)
2 tomatoes, diced
Zest of a whole lemon, and juice from half
Olive tapanade (from the Nicola crew, slightly citrusy)
chili flakes
salt
pepper
yogurt to serve

Heat a pan on high and fry off the chickpeas with one of the cloves of garlic until brown and crispy on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside. Then, on high heat, fry off the leek, zucchini, tomato and lemon zest, seasoning with the chili flakes, salt and pepper. When done, add the lemon juice and serve with a dollop of yogurt over the top.

No comments: