Tuesday, January 13, 2009

After the dumpling madness


Remember this?

Well, in the remnants, before I went to the gym, I fed the kids.

It was really tasty and unfortunately, I couldn't eat it. This is because if I eat before going to the gym, I usually find myself either incredibly nauseous or I throw up at some stage when I stop moving.

Really, it's disgusting.

Fried rice noodles with Chinese broccoli
(Technically serves 2)

1/2 packet of dried rice stick noodles, rehydrated in cold water and set aside
1 handful of black fungus, cut in strips, rehydrated in boiling water, water reserved

2 slices of ginger
1 bunch of Chinese broccoli, sectioned
1 1/2 teaspoons of XO sauce
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of chili oil (pictured on table)
1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce

2 spring onions, finely sliced.

Add some oil to a hot wok and add the ginger till it starts bubbling, add the chinese broccoli and stir fry for a minute with a bit of salt. Add the noodles and mushroom at this stage, tossing continuously. Add the mushroom water to soften the noodles along with the sauces.
When it is cooked and the noodles have softened, serve with the spring onions as a garnish along with extra chili. Feel free to add a squeeze of lemon/lime juice. It strangely made sense.

No comments: