Sunday, October 26, 2008

You can use that as dip!

Verde Provedores make a range of organic dips and they have a stall at the Slow Food market. I find it very cute how they prop up a sign saying, "Extend the GM Ban" against their stall.

This week, despite my feelings about buying dips, I got the carrot, parsnip and the harissa. In the past, I found the beetroot dip not beetrooty enough, how sad-face.

I am a big fan of the harissa. It contains roasted red capsicums, carrot, olive oil, lemon, juice, garlic, chili, ground cumin, coriander and sea salt.

I never really thought of harissa as a dip, moreso a condiment. Funnily enough, it seems to go with everything. In complete desperation, I made a salad and slopped on some harissa and yogurt over the top.

I feel like a slob, but that is what humidity does to me.

I'm a fatty
Serves 4

3 ribs of celery, sliced
1/2 spanish onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 an avocado, diced
1/2 can of canellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
extra virgin olive oil
zest and juice of 1 lemon
harissa
yogurt

Mix the celery, onion, carrot, avocado, lemon zest and beans together and season. Add the juice of the lemon and some oil. Plate it out and then put 1-2 tablespoons of the harissa and an equal amount of yogurt over the top and stir it into the salad.

I ate it with a couple of 9 grain vitaweats and a litre of water. I am the ultimate slop-master.

No comments: