Thursday, October 23, 2008

How Much Shame Can You Handle?

I was speaking to my housemate about how embarrassingly addicted to Match I am.

Sure, they are less then ten minutes walk from my house,
sure, I really like the vibe, sure I have a horrendous fondness for their vodka espressos,
sure, I am kind of an alcoholic...but



It really doesn't excuse the fact that I have been going there every day for the past week.

Literally, every day.

The staff know me by face and had tequila shots with me when they said I looked flustered.

They have only been open for something like three weeks.

On the plus side, after a semi-disappointing exhibition at the Carlton Club (Girls, Girls, Girls), I went for a (cue predictability) vodka espresso at Match (ding, ding, ding) and in two hours, I have written a 2000 word essay.

It's actually good.

If anything, go to the exhibition to see the King Pins' video. It is genius wrapped in parody, wrapped in polyester, wrapped in synchronised madness.

Match
249 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne 3000.
03 9654 6522

No comments: