Monday, November 17, 2008

I have a confession to make...

Not only am I a dork, but I realised that I have no more hiding spots for my books.

Yes, I have a lot of literature and I love it. If I could, one of my ideal holidays would involve only a bar, sun with occasional rain and the opportunity to devour books for a few weeks.

But, I was thinking about stacking all the books I have in one area, or at least tidying it up and putting it in the drawers. I somehow forgot that I actually have already stuffed them full with books.
I should have never discovered Amazon.
I should have never gotten a food magazine subscription.
I should have never spitefully directed anger towards the Melbourne Uni Bookshop because I see now that I own:

27 cook books. There are no specific genres, although, some would be considered bibles...
and
have 3 1/2 years worth of Gourmet Traveller magazines lurking and spilling out of the bookshelf and my vanity. So, the maths would be...42 issues.
As well as the books that I like to read for leisure and subject readers I have accumulated over the years.

oh... and notebooks.

It doesn't sound like much, but when you're living in a share house, you kind of look like a freak.

No comments: