Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cooking by weather.

It seems so hard to stay seasonal when you're left to purchase new underwear because the weather won't allow your clothes to dry on the line. Also, after this week, I really need to invest in a camera, despite my need to make it to Iceland before the year's end.

Mild day:
I threw together a pasta with garlic, chilli, rocket, tomatoes, coarse ground italian pork sausages, balsamic vinegar, a lot of good oil and stirred ricotta over it. Chopped a shit load of fresh parsley and basil over the top. I left the vegetables and herbs raw, mainly. I quickly fried the tomatoes with balsamic in butter for a minute, cooked the sausages and stirred everything together with the hot pasta.
Lazy tastes.

Motherfuckin', "why is it raining?"-day.
Last night I made a soup with the rest of the sausages, sauted onions, garlic, celery, carrot, eggplant, zucchini, truss tomatoes, kipfler potatoes and pasta, let it cook through with fresh thyme and bay leaves. A kind of non-minestrone. I grated a mixture of gouda and parmesan in the bottom of a bowl and served it with heavily oiled and seeded sourdough bread from the market. I stirred in a whole lot of fresh parsley and basil at the end. Clung to my stomach and kept me full till about 3pm today.

All of a sudden, it is 25 degrees?
A chickpea salad with diced spanish onion, dutch carrots, celery, red capsicum, tomatoes, parsley, basil, lemon juice and lots of cracked pepper.
Ate it on the side of toasted bread (the same variety of the previous meal) and a glug of extra virgin olive oil, washed down with a few pale ales.

On a side note, I am in love, yet again with Elbow's new album- Seldom Seen Kid.

Guy Garvey must marry me, I mean, I have his pick, lucky bead and setlist. Hopefully that tampon I gave him has come to good use.

No comments: