Thursday, April 17, 2008

Breakfast for dinner.

Today, I was incredibely special edition. I drank and partied last night till my eyeballs hurt and realised I had to get up for work in 3 hours. Anyways, nothing seemed to satisfy me and I was guzzling water like I was never allowed to drink again from 8-5.

Basically, I was still drunk at work.

So, instead of sleeping when I got home, I decided to exercise. Stupid, I know. Anyways, I have finally given in to my craving for eggs and have made baked eggs out of the various in my fridge.
I am so not ready for this as I also have another party on tonight and my own for my birthday which is tomorrow.

Dear god, help me. Thank god for alcohol delivery.

BAKED EGGO EL SOBERO

2 cloves garlic, diced
2 anchovy fillets, diced
100g organic swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1 organic leek, halved lengthways and sliced
2 large organic tomatoes, diced
balsamic vinegar
2-4 organic eggs, depends on your mood nad width of pan
50g grated reggiano
handful chopped parsley

Preheat the oven to 200.
Heat a good slpash of oil in a pan with a heatproof handle and saute the garlic with the anchovies. Add the mushrooms and turn up the heat. Season. Throw in the leeks and tomatoes and turn the heat down to medium. Throw a splash of balsamic vinegar and allow to cook off. Taste and season again.
When everything has cooked, turn the heat off and crack the eggs near the edges of the pan, keeping the yolks whole. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or to the desired done-ness of yolk. Put the cheese and parsley over the top and cook for a further minute. Serve with oiled, sourdough toast.

No comments: