Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I am three parts gin.

My dad recently sent me a link to a collection of photos which he has scanned from his childhood. Looking at these, I can actually see how I am related to him despite my insistence on adoption. But, looking at the photos, I am also reminded of how both sides of my family have come together and lied to my grandfather (and most likely would do the same to my grandmother if she were still alive) about their youngest daughter having died last year. Just to clarify; she’s dead, do the math.

Basically, I come from a long line of shit heads.

That is all.

Martini

Crushed ice

75mL Gin

15mL dry vermouth

Green olive to garnish.

In a Boston shaker filled with ice, pour in the gin and vermouth. Stir well, or if you’re trying to impersonate some British ass who gets well fucked; shake, and then strain into a martini glass. Garnish with olive and serve with a whole lot of angst.

No comments: