Friday, June 13, 2008

Budgeting.

Not my thing. Usually when I feel the need to lash out and pay my torso's worth for an item of clothing or a week's groceries, I don't bat an eyelid. However, it has been assessment season, exam-time, somethingsomethingness...and I went to Darwin. So, in all of this, I have probably worked three days in three weeks.

Not a good move.

In addition to that, my fridge looks a little sad and I hadn't eaten a piece of fresh bread in about a fortnight. That, and last night's 'stay-in-and-write' turned into hell after a familial drop-in shat all over my mind-space.
I lost it and sent my (currently not so) Frequent Dining Companion a text saying, "Melbourne is fucked!" At least that made it to the centre of the Earth.

So, with the cash in my pocket, I managed to spend less than fifty dollars this week at the market. That's right...I only spent forty-two. Right on the dot.
God it was painful to walk away from cheese and produce.

My Bounty:
1 loaf sourdough olive Laurent bread
150g Reggiano
5 brown onions
3 spanish onions
1 bunch of celery
1 bunch of dutch carrots (organic)
2 avocados
1 punnet cherry tomatoes (organic)
1 punnet mini roma tomatoes (organic)
250g pine mushrooms
1 head of elephant garlic (organic)
1.5kg mandarins
600g assorted apples (organic)
500g rocket (organic)
2 leeks (organic)
1 bunch kale (organic)
1 bunch basil
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch chives
1 bunch sage

Thank god I still have some staples at home.

No comments: